Small and medium sized business owners are so busy with the ins-and-outs of running their businesses that an overwhelming number of them miss a crucial component to their success – getting their businesses to appear on Google and Google Maps.
Appearing on Google has huge benefits to any business:
- When a customer searches Google for a specific type of business in their area, a list of those types of those businesses appear in the search results
- Having an active Google Business Profile account improves the businesses Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Shows customers actionable information about a business – hours of operation, phone number, and directions
- Customize and display photos of the business so can see what makes a business unique
- Happy customers will be able to leave rave reviews about a business bolstering that businesses reputation and legitimacy
How To Set Up Your Google Business Profile in 4 Easy Steps:
1. Create a Google Account
Visit Google.com or Gmail.com to create a Google account and a Gmail email address. If you already have an email address with Google (gmail.com), log in to your account
2. Visit Google Business Profile and click the ‘Start Now’ button.
If you’re not sure whether or not your business already has a Google Business Profile, search for it by name and address in the search field. If your business appears, click the checkbox “I am authorized to manage this business” and “I agree to the Terms of Service” and continue.
If your business does not appear, click “None of these match – Add your business” if there is a list of businesses that are not yours, or “I’ve correctly entered the name and address – Let me enter the full business details” and enter in the following details.
3. Verify Your Location
For security purposes, Google will ask you to verify that you are indeed the owner of the businesses location. The easiest way is to allow them to send you a postcard with a verification code with instructions on where to go to enter it. The postcard typically takes 1-2 weeks to arrive.
4. Design Your Listing
That’s all it takes to add a business to Google Maps and have the potential to show up in the Google Search Results. It’s quick, easy, and rewarding to get started, so don’t delay! Need help? Reach out!